National School of Sciences (NSS) has maintained its legacy as a centre of excellence since its humble beginnings in 1993. It primarily focuses on imparting quality higher secondary education to all the citizens of Nepal. NSS is a place for innovation, learning, discovery, expression and discourse. Every year, NSS welcomes more than 2000 students from every conceivable geographic division, socio-economic background and future career choices from all over the country. We educate students with the objective that after their rigorous two years here, they will be better able to observe, understand, experiment and produce significant results in whatever field of study they choose and become true global citizens. To meet the essential requirements for strengthening the quality of its programs, NSS is in the process of further developing its own infrastructure and services to maintain global standards and sophistication. With the support of a full-time dedicated faculty and staff, the institution has been capable to impart quality education to more than 2500 students every year. NSS places student success at the heart of everything it does. Affordability and equity, have been, and will always be the cornerstones of NSS. It’s a concept well off the beaten path in an educational landscape of rising tuition fees and widespread academic commercialization, but we truly believe this has worked in our and the students benefits.
Is to enable all learners’ access to learning through the provision of:
- Differentiated, in-depth and cohesive learning programs aligned to the content and achievement standards as informed by the curriculum.
- Highly effective teachers, focused on improving student outcomes, through their commitment to ongoing professional development, quality teaching, evidence based practices, coaching, mentoring and collaboration.
- Taking steps to change the traditional and strictly theoretical learning process that hinders understanding and stifles creativity.
- Introducing international curricula/teaching learning methods to make our students competent and competitive in the national and global arena.
- Safeguarding the right to education, expression and equal opportunity to all classes of the society.
- A quality inclusive learning environment that is responsive to student voice.
- Enriching, engaging resources.
- Opportunities for community and parents to participate in learning and decision making partnerships.